Rio Grande Fanned Fret
Fanned fret guitars have a longer 6th string and a shorter 1st, much like a grand piano uses a very long length for the lower registers, a Fanned fret guitar uses the same idea. Fret placement is scaled so that all 6 strings use a different scale, this results in a guitar that has a fantastic dynamic range. The lower registers are incredibly full and the upper registers are high and crisp, also because of the way a players hand and wrist turn, playing a fanned fret feels very natural. Most players will pick one up and after 2 or 3 minutes not even notice, it feels very natural.
- Body Length: 19 1/4″
- Body Width At Upper Bout: 11″
- Body Width At Lower Bout: 15″
- Body Depth At End: 4 1/4″
- Scale Length: 27″ lower, 24.75 upper.
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16″ to 1 7/8″